This is often a question that you do not know how to swim or ask. And of course, the answer depends entirely on how hard you try and who your instructor is able to convey the message to.
Can you learn swimming by yourself?The answer is yes! And it depends on how your fast learning! According to experts, “For a long time, in rural areas, people often go to rivers, lakes, streams to learn how to swim by themselves. Therefore, you can completely learn to swim by yourself. Swimming is not difficult, the important thing is whether you really want to learn and persevere to learn “, he shared. In fact, self-learning to swim brings many advantages such as:
- Be active on time regardless of the swimming instructor’s schedule.
- Save some money on swimming lessons at the centers.
- In addition, information on how to learn how to swim for beginners as well as instructional videos on Youtube are available.
- You are easily accessible. Moreover, many people have learned to swim and swim in a short time.
What do you keep in mind when self-learn swimming?However, self-taught swimming also has some disadvantages such as there is no urge and methodical method. For those who are not persistent, it is easy to give up, the study time will also last longer. To limit these disadvantages, you should keep in mind the following:
- Learn from basic to advance. The three basic skills of swimming are; breathing, floating, moving. After mastering this step, then move on to the other. Do not jump or learn many things at the same time.
- Always remember to warm up thoroughly before entering the water. Many self-taught people skip this important step. This is a very dangerous habit that can affect our lives. The most typical phenomenon is the phenomenon of cramping during swimming. Therefore, should start the joints from top to bottom including neck joints, shoulder joints, arms, wrists, …
- Prepare a full set of clothes including swimwear, swimming goggles.